'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Thursday, 9 December 2010

The Two Sides of Lola.


When Lola's with me, she's an angel. She mostly sleeps on my lap, plays with her tuggy toys and plays with Jess under my watchful eye. When she's with someone else (like, for the last two days, my mum) she's a psychotic little crapping machine. Hmm.

She's learned 'touch' and 'sit' really well now, and 'down' is coming along very nicely (we're starting to proof by me asking her to lie down whilst I'm on my knees rather than sat on the floor). We're going to start on 'stand' tomorrow, I think - and then when she gets that, the ever so fun sit/stand/down games can begin!

No comments: