'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Jumping Jack.


Today, for the first time, Lola managed to jump up and pull herself onto my mum's bed (abt 28/29 inches in total). And, of course, she did it whilst I wasn't there. Damn it, L. She showed off by jumping and yanking herself up several times when I got home, and seemed very pleased to have figured out the secret to getting up there without having to puppy-eye us into lifting her up.

One small step for me, one giant leap for the rat.

2 comments:

Sara said...

LOL. That's a big accomplishment. I had a dog once who we actually had to teach how to jump on the couch. It took us at least a week.

Lola figured it out all on her own. WHat a smart cookie.

Sophie said...

It just amuses me mostly because 28/29 inches is something like 2.5x her standing height - and it's a straight jump up, rather than a run and jump. I have obviously, previously misunderstood the JRT spring!