'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 9 January 2011

Sunday Summary.



Dog's Weights
Jess: just under 2st 2 lbs.
Lola: 8lbs.

Dog's Heights
Jess: 14 inches.
Lola: just under 9 inches.

Dog's Lengths
Jess: 16 inches.
Lola: just under 11 inches.

Dog's Neck Sizes
Jess: 14 inches.
Lola: 8 1/2 inches.

New Year's Resolutions
The Good--cooked some more meals, expanding my cooking know-how (from nothing to barely nothing, whoo!). Got some knitting stuff and have started learning how to do it (just casting on and doing the knit stitch atm).
The Bad--been lazy on diet and exercise. I've really slacked and need to get back into it.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is just the sweetest photo.

I thought you were going to tell us that you knit the sweater Jess is wearing :)

Jess and Lola said...

Thanks - you can hardly even tell that Jess is itching to move away as usual. :)

Haha, no! I'm still on very basic stuff, and doing stupid things like, um, somehow doubling my amount of stitches (from 20 to 47. honestly, no idea how that happened). When I'm a bit faster and better, I might try a sweater for Jess - she's a lot easier to measure for and stuff than my wriggly pup.