'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 30 January 2011

This Morning...

...Has not started well.

Jess still has diarrhoe, and has now thrown up twice (within about a minute), thick yellow fluid (bile?). I managed to get her to have a Gastrine tablet (for sore stomachs/vomiting/diarrhoe), which I forgot to give yesterday, and she hasn't had any cod liver oil since the day before yesterday; if it's that that has upset her stomach, she just won't get it anymore. Lola is acting normal (perky, no issues with toileting, no vomiting, currently sleeping on my lap) so it's obviously, definitely not some sort of bug.

If Jess throws up again, I'm going to ring the vets tomorrow and try to book her in. If need be, I'll skip a day of uni to take her during the week; my girls come first. In the meantime, she's not going out on a walk today; she's on bed rest (yeah, tell that to L--they've already wrestled and chased each other once today). I'm going to cook some pasta and give her that and her dry kibble filler shortly.

My mum had a diabetic attack earlier too, at the same time as I was dealing with Jess. She got off to work an hour later than she should have, and now she's arrived she has no memory of that hour. Great start to a day.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jess and your mum.

I hope Jess' tummy calms down soon. It is always so difficult when our babies aren't feeling good.