'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Friday, 25 February 2011

I've fallen in love...

...with Amber, a JRT girl (approx two years old max) at a RSPCA shelter near me. I've forbidden myself from going to the shelter because if I see her in person, I will probably end up bringing her home. And at the moment, with Lola being so young (five months and still having housetraining issues when left alone) and me having to be out four days a week at university, it's just not appropriate.

I'm hoping that either a fantastic family gets her... or maybe next year, when I'm at uni three days a week tops and Lola will be older... Well, we'll see. I really, really want her though!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Your babies are precious--I have a JRT that looks a lot like Lola, and love them!

Sophie said...

Thank you! JRTs are fab little dogs really; definitely my favourite 'small dog' (and one of my favourite all-time breeds). :) I bet yours is as crazy as Lola can be, too.

Sara said...

OMG, she is so cute. WHat a great face!