'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Tricky T-Day 1.

So, I decided we're going to try and do tricky t-day. I say try because I have the worst memory in history; and I have a lot of university work I'm having to do at the moment. This isn't a new trick we've learned specifically for this, but I might as well show it off. By next week we'll have something new I'm starting to work on the foundations of for her.

For now, here we go:

video

Tricky T-Day 1: Find Your Sister.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, Jess is the most patient sibling! I was teachinmg Oreo this trick, until Misty started showing him her teeth everytime Oreo walloped her :)

Lola is such a cutie.

Sophie said...

Jess only puts up with it because it gets her a lot of treats. When I was teaching it, every time Lola smacked her she got a treat - and if it was a particularly hard bounce, she got a handful. Jess will put up with a lot for the chance of food. :)

Thank you! I think so too, but I'm biased, heh.