'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Thursday, 24 March 2011

Lola & the Hose.

Today, Lola discovered the powers of the hose (and its magic ability to dispel a stream of water). Until today, she was a little leery of it, but she got over it with the power of Super Happy Sophie Voice and decided that, well, she loves the hose. I practically had to carry her back into the house to get her away from it!


In other news, university is sucking bad. I'm so busy at the moment. I spent nine hours yesterday and the day before working on an essay, which I finally finished last night; and I have three more essays to do in three weeks (as well as attending university itself, doing a presentation, transcribing a 2-3min conversation, and revising for exams in May). So sorry for being a bad commenter lately! By mid-May, my first year will be over... and I'm so looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Sara said...

How fun! Someone throw Lola a towel!

Sophie said...

We played with the hose again today, and I had a little glimpse of a wet, fluffy neck and face before she started tearing off around the house, play-bowing and barking at Jess like a hooligan.

Maybe the hose will have to be a special treat!