'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Saturday, 5 March 2011

More Puppy Teeth.


Yesterday, when I arrived home, my mum (who'd been watching the dogs - she was off work) told me that Lola had been making weird/chewy faces all day. I popped a frozen dog towel out of the freezer and held it whilst she chewed and very gently tugged, and within ten minutes two teeth (one large and squareish, one tiny - maybe a chip off of the bigger tooth?) had fallen out.

The teeth were put in boiling water overnight, and today I now have three of Lola's teeth total. I'm going to find something to put them in, because they are just adorable and I want/have to keep them. Lola just looked at me like I was crazy when I plucked the teeth from the floor.

3 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Lola is just the cutest - love that photo of her - look at those big ears! :)

Mom saved some of my puppy teeth too and can't believe how small they are!

Debbie McCune *Notebook to Novel* said...

Gorgeous photo -I love those ears - looks like she has to grow into them still :-)

Sophie said...

Ricky, thanks! She has the biggest ears of any dog I know, really. :) Her teeth are tiny too, but I bet they're not as small as sheltie-puppy teeth!

Debbie: thank you! She should grow into them a little at least, but her mum has quite big ears too, so she might just be a gremlin forever. :)