Monday, 28 March 2011
- Lola blew off her recall for one of the first times ever to see a cocker spaniel that was going crazy.
- Jess was pretty good at loose-walking - she wasn't even wearing her halti.
- Lola met, and was very lovely toward, a two year old broken-coat JRT (which was a couple of inches shorter than her! Either Ro is lanky, or Boo is teeny-tiny).
- Jess tried to eat Boo, and then seemed bemused when Boo's (understanding) owner didn't cover her in cuddles and kisses.
- Lola rolled in something nasty for the first time. I was torn between pride (my little pup is growing up!) and trauma. I'd hoped she wouldn't get that habit.
- When we got back, Jess was limping. She was on-lead the entire time, and it was an hour or so's walk. I'm hoping she's just having an off-day... if not, maybe I'll have to start scaling back her exercise (i.e. just take Lola out on the big walk, and then take them both out on-lead later).
- Lola had to have a bath; afterwards, she wouldn't let me dry her off (too excited! gotta zoom!), but she sat perfectly still for a brush and nail clipping. Silly puppy.