'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Tricky T-Day: Meerkat.


I wasn't able to record/upload the video on Tuesday, so here it is today (it's only a day late! - just pretend it's still Tuesday). We still need to work on it (mainly transitioning from hand signal to verbal signal - I used the cue, 'Meerkat' only a handful of times before shooting this, so I think it was mostly luck that she gave me what I wanted), but here's our weekly contribution.

2 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Love the meerkat!! Great trick and Lola is doing so well with it!

Sara said...

That's fantastic! Lola seems like she's saying, "Pick me! Pick me!" SHe's too cute :)