'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Veterinary Appointment.

I popped in to the vets today on my way back from the library, with Lola. I wanted to know when the earliest I could have her spayed is, and thought I might as well ask in person rather than on the phone as it would also give the pup the chance to chill in the vets for a while. She yapped at a couple of other dogs, wanting to play with them, but I managed to get her attention back so that she was working on sit, down, paw and touch with other dogs (and cats in carriers) nearby. And...


Now she's booked in to be spayed on the 14th March, four days before her six month 'birthday'. I'm going to miss her on that Monday! My little rat-baby is growing up.

No comments: