'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Friday, 29 April 2011

Agility Foundations 3: Two Jumps.


This is from Wednesday morning, but I completely forgot to upload it! I did a couple of reps on one jump before putting up a second one. Lola had a little trouble realising that she had to do two things to get her toy, but caught on fairly quickly. This video was taken about midway through the session; after this it deteriorated within a couple of minutes because of the heat (we'd gotten out a little later than I'd planned), and she refused the second jump twice. We only had one knocked bar the entire time though, and that was in the first few reps with just the single jump whilst she was remembering what I wanted.

(Sorry for the awkward position of the video! I didn't realise which direction the camera was pointed, sooo most of what happens--Lola on the lefthand jump, tugging and fetching on the left side, etc--is either just barely in shot or not at all.)

4 comments:

An English Shepherd said...

Looks like good place to practice :-)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I think it is a very artistic camera angle! Lola is doing great!!

Elizabeth said...

What a great tug!

Sophie said...

AES, it's a really quiet place too - the field literally at the end of my street!

Ricky, I think she enjoys it, and that's all that matters :)

Elizabeth, Lola has always loved to tug - the first time I saw her after her and her litter was up and moving, she was the only one that would tug with me :)