'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Tricky T-Day: Circle.


Tricky T-Day 9: Circle.

I was going to use Lola's new 'take a bow' for this week... but she's really not getting the hang of it, and still needs a pretty strong lure to get her to do it (and she often still flops onto the ground right after). Her circling is just a slightly more shaped, and named, version of something she already likes to do. I think she's secretly a herding pup. We're working on getting her to be able to circle me even when I'm moving, as you can see a little here.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Lola herds pretty well!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That is fantastic especially when Lola keeps going with her circle when you are walking! Who knew she was a herding dog? Cool!

Sophie said...

Sometimes I (like to) think she's part herder, what with her ball obsession and her general habit of walking around me in circles (especially when I'm not paying her attention!)