'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Monday, 9 May 2011

Not A Fish.

It's true that Lola isn't a fish...

However, for the right motivation (her beloved boomer ball), she will wander around the new swimming pool.


The only problem was that the water was too cold for her at the time we were playing (about half 9 in the morning), so I intended after she'd had her fill to get her in again at about four when the sun had been on the water for a while. The weather decided not to work with me though, and at two or so it started raining heavily. So that pretty much puts swimming off until tomorrow!

Jess is not impressed with the pool. I carried her in once, and she just stood there and stared pitifully at me until I let her come out again. Jess doesn't often do water.

No comments: