'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Picture Day!

I saw my friend and her Cairn, Millie, today. She'd had Millie shaved, which I'm really not impressed with (not supposed to shave a terrier coat, especially!), but Lola and Millie had great fun tearing around playing fetch at the park in the sun, and I took a lot of photos - as usual!

We had a Great Moment earlier today too, when we went up to town at a busy time of the day. Lola carried her ball up there and back, as she's much less likely to bark if she has her ball in her mouth, and she looked so proud of herself the entire time (looking back at me, soft eyed and wiggling). She didn't bark at a single person or dog, even though we passed quite a few, even when we went past people that stared quite hard at her. She's such a good girl.










Tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday will be a one-off (probably) deal - a friend brought over her DSLR for me to mess around with, so of course I took a lot of photos of Jess and Lola with it! Tricky T-day should be up and running again next week--we're working a lot on Life Lessons at the moment, rather than tricks. Project Epiphany (as shown by the Great Moment) is coming along fantastically.

Lola has a new collar, which arrived today, as you can see in the pictures.

4 comments:

Sara said...

What a fun day out. Oreo often grabs a ball when he's feeling anxious. It seems to help soothe his nerves, and reduces the barking as a result. Kinda like a pacifer for dogs!

Love Lola's new collar.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Awesome photos!! Congrats on "the Great Moment"!!!

Lori @ According to Gus said...

It's such a cute collar - I love the hearts!

Every time I visit your blog I always think it's Reese's (my niece dog) in your header. I'll have to share a photo of her with you sometime to see if you agree!

Pauline @ Oscah Baby said...

Lola is living the good life judging by your photos. What a lucky pup!