'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Wonderful Weekend.

I forgot to take a lot of pictures (as I'd intended!) because I was exhausted when I arrived on Friday, we had a full day on Saturday and half of Sunday, and I forgot to take my camera memory card when we took the collies out for a two hour walk on Sunday, oops. I'll throw up another post when Eli posts the photos she took with hers, though.

Most of the time we were with the dogs, Scout was mobbing me for attention. He was my substitute Lola - just with a whole lot more fluff, and a little bit bigger! I love these silly dogs (and Trigger the cat, and the rats... and I guess my friend too).


Harley & half of Fern

L-R: Scout, Amber, Harley

Scout, my bud!

Scout

Scout

Fatty-fat Amber

Scooters

Scout

Harley (and Scout)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Ahhh! Cuties! Sounds like a great weekend!!

Welcome home!

Jen and the black dog crew

Sara said...

Scout is so cute! Well, they're all cute.

Glad you had a good time.

Bailey Be Good! said...

Such cute doggies!! Mommy once left her memory card out of her camera too -- she was very upset! She carries her camera EVERYWHERE!

Woofs & hugs,

~Bailey

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Glad you had fun with your friend and the cute dogs! Hope Lola and Jess survived without you!

Winnie said...

Visiting friends is just great, isn't it.

Love and licks, Winnie

Bailey said...

Great shots. We sometimes have trouble getting shots when we are having fun.