'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Saturday, 30 July 2011

Chick-chick-chickens.

Lola met chickens today! She was a good girl--she lunged a couple of times, but we were pushing it pretty hard to get her to learn that chickens are not for chasing (and we only had ten minutes with the chickens before we had to go get food). She looked away from them a couple of times, ate food, and even followed some simple cues. We should be going to see them again tomorrow!

Dreaming of chicken. Tasty.


Muzzled to keep chickens safe.

Chicken watching.



LET ME GET THE CHICKENS.

Being a Good Girl and lying down for me, rather than trying to pounce on the tasty chickens.

Not happy about the muzzle, but otherwise Happy Lola



Wondering if she can get the chicken without me noticing

Another post on the rest of the day coming later--when I'm not so exhausted!

4 comments:

An English Shepherd said...

Never met chickens!

Sara said...

How fun is that? I never realized that Lola's one ear is a bit merled! Love it.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Lola is lucky to get to see chickens like that - Ricky has never met a chicken!

Bailey Be Good! said...

Great job! I don't know if I would have been able to stay still if I was that close to live chickens!

Woofs & hugs <3,

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)