'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

England.

England has gone crazy, last night and tonight. Rioting in a good number of cities; I'm glad I live in a small, nondescript town. I've been glued to the news stations all day and night. A police station has been firebombed, buildings burned, cars destroyed. Looters everywhere, stealing crisps and 40'' televisions alike. Crazy. Rumours are floating everywhere, but most of them are bullshit.

There are some heartening photos and stories of people pouring out to defend their communities and to clean up the destruction, but those are tiny things among a lot of madness.

I hope nobody innocent gets hurt. Too many people have already lost their livelihoods, and some had to be evacuated from their homes last night.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I just read about that on facebook and a few news sites. Horrible and scary.

I hope order is restored soon. Stay safe.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I've seen the video on the news and it looks so awful. I am glad to know you are not near the riots. Take care and I hope there is an end to the violence soon.

An English Shepherd said...

Its very sad :-(

Diana said...

That is so scary. Keep safe.