'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Seven Posts blog challenge.

My Life with Flyball Dogs passed a blog challenge on to us, to choose seven posts to fit the seven categories.

My most beautiful post:
I don't really type up 'beautiful' things, so my choice for this theme will be short and heartfelt: Epiphany, from May 2011.

My most popular post:
According to the blogger stats, my most popular post is Reinforcing Cues, from 17th April 2011, with 53 page views.

My most controversial post:
Since most of my posts are daily life with my two silly dogs, they aren't really controversial. I can't actually think of/find a controversial post, so I'll have to leave this blank.

My most helpful post:
I don't really write a whole lot of informative posts, so I'm going to cheat a little and say that I think my most helpful posts are those containing quotes on dog books.

A post whose success surprised me:
I was quite surprised by the number of people who responded to the Dog Breed Selector post from 14th August 2011. It was just a silly thing I wanted to share, not expecting anyone to try it out, but apparently some did!

A post that didn't get the attention I felt it deserved:
None! I'm happy with any attention and replies, and since I never really write up long, great posts I don't have any that I think 'deserve' attention.

The post I'm most proud of:
This was hard. I'm not proud of the post, so much as the events described in the post: Bad to the Bone, or A Little Angel? (Friday 12th August 2011). I'm always incredibly proud of my dogs, but Lola's response to loose dogs that I try to help is consistently great.


To continue this, I'm going to pass this on to seven bloggers, who (I don't think) have done the challenge before. In alphabetical order:
4 Dog Craziness
An English Shepherd
Bailey Be Good!
Black Dog Blog
Ci Da
Ricky's Life
Tanner Trains the Family


In other news, apparently someone today found my blog by googling 'dog retrieved drowned puppies' (sixth page). Perhaps I should start a drowned-puppy retrieval-by-dog service.

6 comments:

Bailey Be Good! said...

Teehee! Thanks for tagging me. I'm gonna have to think about this one! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Sara said...

Such a hard challenge! You did good finding your links!

I think you had as hard a time as I did with finding the post you're most proud of...don't our dogs make us proud everyday?

Tanner and Beth said...

Thanks, Sophie! Mommy took my computer with her to visit me new cousin. I will thinks about this till she gets back and that will be my first post!!

Puppy Kisses,
Tanner

mobile dog grooming said...

hello i really have to say my life with fly ball dog !!THIS SITE GIVE A GREAT PIC of what i do with my blog !!thank you so much again for that !!mobile -dog ,tuesday 08/30/11 6:37 pm.

Kippy Marrie said...

Gostei muito de todos voces e deste blog. Estou SEGUINDO.
Sou do Brasil, meu nome é KIPPY, sou uma YORK que ama fazer amizades por todo o mundo.
Gostaria muito que voces viessem ao meu blog e fossem meu SEGUIDOR - AMIGO também. Será um grande prazer.
Aguardo com muita alegria.
Aus 1000 com amor...

KIPPY

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Thanks, Sophie! This seems like s tough challenge though - going through so many old posts. But I'll try. I enjoyed yours!