Friday, 19 August 2011
Versatile Blogger Award number 2.
I came online today to find that Tanner (from Tanner Trains the Family) had awarded us with our second Versatile Blogger Award. Guess I should have chosen the Inspiration award last time, eh?
Our nine facts will be about the girls and their weird quirks, and the nine blogs/bloggers we choose to pass the award on to will be different to last time. Again, I'll try to pass the award to people who don't already have it.
1. Lola will not sleep above the covers unless it's very warm. She sleeps curled up against me, under the blankets. I sometimes wake up to her curled around my head.
2. When I tell the girls it's time for 'breakfast', Jess gets the most ridiculous prancing feet. She looks like a little horse.
3. When my mum comes home, Lola screams at the top of her lungs, leaps at her and barks. Since she always feeds the dogs a biscuit (or three...) when she arrives home, Lola now runs in circles back and forth between Mum and the kitchen, waiting for her biscuits.
4. Jess has the most annoyingly sensitive stomach. She can be fine with foods for a while, and then just get intolerant to them. She used to be able to eat pig's ears, rawhide, etc, but now can't have anything 'special' at all but tripe, really.
5. Lola likes to drink tea. If I leave my cup on the side (and forget it's there), I sometimes hear a slurping as she just dunks her head in and drinks it.
6. Jess will let me put anything on her (shirts, hats, necklaces, etc) without any fuss as long as food is involved.
7. Lola loves cheese, but she particularly loves Lancashire Cheese. She all but takes my fingers off trying to get it.
8. Jess has a thing where she enjoys pretending that she doesn't need the toilet, quite a lot. If I herd her outside, she goes pretty much immediately.
9. Both of my girls get super sad ears when the back yard is wet and I send them out to the toilet. Jess has been known to hold it for ten-eleven hours just to avoid getting her paws wet, and Lola will pee on the steps into the yard. Both are pretty happy to go for walks in the rain, though.
Nine Blogs (alphabetical order)
1. 4 Dog Craziness: shetland sheepdogs Miley and Guiness, and chihuahuas Mickey and Roxy.
2. Ci Da: australian shepherd Cohen, the best-behaved dog I've seen.
3. Dream Dogz: shetland sheepdog Wall-e and miniature schnauzer Mika.
4. Ludo, Ludwig van Doggy: shetland sheepdog Ludo.
5. My Dog Is Steve Buscemi: mutant alien "chihuahua" Lucy/Steve Buscemi.
6. Rewarding Rover: rat terrier Indigo and (eight week old) flat-coated retriever Porter.
7. The Spotted Tongue: border collie cross Dahlia.
8. The Social Puppy: border collies Clewe and Gromit.
9. Two Dogs, One Camera, Priceless Moments: border collie crosses Riley and Grace.