'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Friday, 23 September 2011

Day in the life of a Jess.

 Pose with the common folk.

Dance for your supper.

Beg for it.

Look like a pretty girl.

Stare lovingly at your mum('s food).

Give your mum a high-five.

Run back for food!

Stand with the commoners some more.

Jump! Jump! Jump!

And fetch... if you feel like it. :)

---

Jessie isn't feeling too well at the moment. Her age seems to be catching up to her! She's been playing a lot of fetch in the mornings with me and Lola--which she usually doesn't lower herself to do, as she's far too superior to play fetch--and I think she's pulled a muscle or something, as she's been sitting funny and limping for the last three or four hours. There's nothing I can do over the weekend (other than ring the emergency-vet, which I'd only do if it was an actual emergency), and I'm crossing my fingers that it's just a little ache that will be gone by Monday. If not, it'll be vet time for the old girl!

3 comments:

Bailey Be Good! said...

Oh poor Jessie! I'm gonna keep her in my thoughts and prayers and hope she's OK!! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Sara said...

Oh, I hope Jess is feeling better by Monday. She has such a sweet face.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Sorry Jess is not feeling well! These photos of her are great and I love the captions - "stand with the commoners" LOL! I sure hope she is better by Monday!