'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Wednesday, 21 September 2011

An Update.

 Today, me and Lola met up briefly with Kelly at the train station (I was getting her xbox, since mine decided to die a couple of days ago). Lola got out of the car at the station and, after cautiously sniffing her, began wagging her tail. She wasn't doing her full body, can-barely-move wiggle, or yapping and squealing, but she seemed pleased to see her. That was pretty nice.

Yesterday, too, I went up town with Lola, with her dinner. She wasn't too hungry because someone had been spoiling her while I was at university, so she probably ate about fifteen or so pieces of kibble - she usually would have four or five times that many! Despite that, she was keen and focused on me, and although we passed some weird things (mostly kids, and a variety of people in the oncoming dimness/darkness) she was very good and quiet. She's a good dog--sometimes!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I bet it feels great to continue making progress with Lola!

Bailey Be Good! said...

Happy Wednesday woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

All great news!!