'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Look behind you, Lola.


There's a mouse on a ladder!

I've moved the mouse tank into the living room (where the computer, tv, dogs and me generally live), which seems to suit everyone. Mum says as long as the mice don't smell, it's fine--and since I can't smell anything but bedding when I clean it out each week, they'll probably be permanantly here now. It's great: I can watch them while I do other stuff, they get more used to me being around, and both mice and dogs get used to each other more.

2 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Looks like a good set up and I am sure the mice will be happy to be around people and dogs for the company!

An English Shepherd said...

A mouse in the house ;-)