'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Saturday, 19 November 2011

Busy Bee.

Stop what you are doing and cuddle me
I've been pretty busy today.

Lola has been out for about two hours (fetch/flirtpole); I spent an hour and a half or so sawing some wood; I went to town with two friends (Jenny and one whom neither dog hasn't met before - the puppy barked a lot, but calmed down quickly and just grumbled at him from a distance, and Jess of course tried to climb onto his lap repeatedly) for a couple of hours; and then when I got back, I sorted and stuck together the wood lengths to make a new frame for the mice tank (which has to seal overnight), cleaned out the mouse tank, and then adjusted Lola's backpack (using some webbing to make a different strap for the chest) so she can actually wear it.

I also managed to not spend anything when we visited Pets At Home, which has to be a first for me. I did, however, identify a few things I'll no doubt pick up in a couple of weeks for Christmas presents for the dogs. Yes, I fully intend to spend more on my dogs at Christmas than on everyone else combined.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, how can you resist that face?

Can't wait to see what your dogs get for Christmas!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Super cute photo of Lola! She is very convincing - I now believe you never cuddle with her! LOL!

An English Shepherd said...

Not spending anything at Pets at home is very impressive! :-)

Diana said...

LOL, a true dog lover!!