'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 6 November 2011

End of the Tunnel.


First up, for those of you who couldn't see the video on yesterday's entry, it should be working now.

It seems like my pile of university work is never ending... but the end is in sight. I've spent pretty much the entirety of the last four days doing work for a presentation, which I have to do tomorrow. Blegh. The dogs have been very well in keeping themselves calm and quiet whilst I've been busy. They are good dogs.

Now it's getting colder, Jess is less and less energetic. The cold affects her more than the little yappy rat, so today I spent some time blocking out all the draughts in the living room. It's now become practically a bat cave. Jess is happier to lounge around in the living room now it's warmer, and Lola is happy as always to just snooze away on my lap.

3 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Glad you are coming to the end of a big project - I like your "tunnel" photo!

Sara said...

That photo is so cute!

Poor Jess. It is hard to get warm and cozy this time of year.

Diana said...

Very cool picture. I love it!