'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Mice: Pimp My Cage.

Over the last couple of days, with the help of this page, the mice's home has changed quite a lot. I'm not great at DIY stuff, but I think I did pretty well. The little tails seem happy too!

BEFORE
Photo taken after a LOT of their usual stuff was removed.

DURING
Shelves made from acrylic perspex sheet added.
This is where the mice stayed whilst I was sorting everything.
A day in a tub less than half the size of their tank--the mice weren't too thrilled.

AFTER
Shelves added... but something seems missing...
Fleece shelf covers added and some rearranging done.

Maus haus.
The big ol' sleeve is a present from a fellow animal-loving friend.

6 comments:

Bailey Be Good! said...

I'm sure they're loving it now! There's so much more for them to do now! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Jen said...

Awesome job! It they are anything like my rats, they will love having stuff to explore and chew!! :)

Jen and the mostly Black Dog Crew

Sara said...

Wow! Your mice have a really nice place :)

Diana said...

Very nice. Looks like fun!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

The mice live in paradise now! Bet they love it!

Tanner and Beth said...

Wow, looks like a mousey condo!! I guess as little squishyness was worth it to get all that space.

Puppy Kisses,
Tanner