'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Saturday, 12 November 2011

Mice: Update.


Lola can now be tethered in her crate, with the door open, whilst I handle/clean out the mice. She doesn't stare at 'em nearly as much. The little cuties will take mealworms from my hand inside the tank pretty consistently now, and I haven't been nipped in days.

3 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I had no idea mice ate mealworms. That's kind of gross - LOL!

Sophie said...

I should add really: dried mealworms only! I don't have the stomach to hold wriggling live ones!

Sara said...

I had a lizard who ate mealworms one time. I didn't feed them to her by hand though!

I think your mice are adorable. And good girl, Lola!