'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 12 February 2012

We're back!

Hello there! It's been a while, but we're back now.

In the next couple of days, I'm going to be editing my blog-following list back down to a more manageable level. If I un-follow you and stop commenting (though, well, it's been a while since I commented anywhere) it's not an insult, but the amount of blogs I was following and the weird pressure I felt to constantly comment was part of the reason I stayed away for so long.

In other news, I'm now nineteen! It was my birthday exactly a week ago. And, in three days, it'll be Jessie's gotcha day, and that'll put her at the estimated age of twelve. She's truly an Old Lady Dog now.

The dogs really haven't been up to much. The weather has generally been crappy, so we haven't gotten out as much as I'd like. Lola's coming along nicely with her reactivity, though. Just today we saw six dogs whilst out, and she didn't react to any of them. She's even started to, occasionally, wag her tail when she sees a dog or person, in anticipation of her reward.

The mice are all fine: they're quiet, generally smell-free, and the dogs are no longer bothered by them. They're happy, simple little things.

In closing: a couple of photos.

  

Looking forward to catching up again! :)

5 comments:

An English Shepherd said...

Welcome back to blogland & Happy Birthday :-)

Sara said...

I've been thinking about you the past few days...wondering, where's Sophie?

Glad to hear that you're ok. I agree, following blogs can be very overwhelming. I, too, am in the process of narrowing down my list. I'm trying to remember that blogging should be fun, not stressful!

Happy Birthday! And happy gotcha day to Jess!

Diana said...

Yea, I dont comment on lots of peoples blogs. Dont feel like you have to, only if you want to. Im glad your back. Happy Birthday!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Me too - I had been wondering where you were and if you were ok. I totally had the same experience of feeling pressure to comment on blogs and of being overwhelmed with guilt if I didn't. So don't worry and just do what you want - it should be fun!

Happy Birthday!

dog clicker training said...

dog clicker training makes your dog a happy and obedient dog.