'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Strange Little Dog.

As was pretty obvious in yesterday's Wordless Wednesday, Lola underwent a slight makeover: she was hand-stripped for the first time since Septemberish, in preparation for the warmer weather of spring. It was a little difficult to tell from the final photo, but there was a lot of hair. Lola went from wooly and scruffy to smooth and soft, pretty much everywhere.



She's still a very strange looking dog, under all that fur.

Her thighs are pretty huge; her tail, even stripped down, is squirrelly and strange; she has a really large chest that turns dramatically into a tiny loin; her front legs are slightly bandy, and her forefeet turn outward a little (though they're not as bad as I worried they might get when they started turning out); and her topline (though it has levelled over the last few months) remains odd looking.

Yeah, strange dog. But she's my dog.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I think she's stunning!

Bailey Be Good! said...

You are beautiful, Lola!! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Chris and Ricky said...

I think she is really cute!

Tanner and Beth said...

She is a beautiful girl!!! All those muscles are for running and jumping.

Doggy Kisses,
Tanner

Randy said...

Hi,

Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!