'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Bikejoring.


Rather than just having Lola attached to me via the leash looped around my wrist, she got to pull on the bike today. She had a lot of fun! I'm looking into getting/making a bikejor attachment to keep a long bungee line off of the front wheel, so she can run and pull more.

We biked for over 9 miles today, in two sessions (6ish this morning and 3.5 in the early evening). Dog is very tired and very happy right now.

We've done a bit of protocol for relaxation, but not a huge amount. Things have been a bit crazy here. I will be restarting again as soon as everything goes back to normal.

In the meantime... guess who passed her second year of university!! I'm now officially gonna be a third year student!

4 comments:

K-Koira said...

Bikejoring, skijoring, and scootering with dogs is so much fun. I have to pull out the harnesses and take my dogs out some more.

Chris and Ricky said...

I would love to have a safe place to do that with Ricky! How cool!

Congratulations on passing your second year!!!

Berts Blog said...

That was such a joy to watch and congrats on finishing two full years. that in itself is a great accomplishment. Keep it up.

Diana said...

Ive always wanted to try that. Looks like Lola likes it.