'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 10 June 2012

Mice Post.

A couple days ago, I had to remove one of my girl mice from the group because she'd been bitten a couple times. Her face was swollen, and the skin around her eyes was very red and sore looking. After a vet trip, I made the decision to keep her separate until her face has nearly or fully healed.






Currently, the mice are set up like this, but I have another cage (a third Penthouse 3 Storey Hamster Cage) on the way. I'm planning to split my girls up into two groups of two--I just need to decide who to put in with Flower!

Sorry for the lack of dog updates, but we really aren't doing much of anything at the moment. The weather is atrocious!

2 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Poor little girl! Sorry about your weather - no fun in the summer!

Berts Blog said...

OH I hate it when they bite each other, I hope she heals quickly. I think Mice are so cute.
Love
Bert