'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 15 July 2012

Follow-up.

As a follow-up to the last post; thanks for your support, y'all. I hope I didn't worry anyone too much!

After it happened, I gave Lola a few days to recover before asking her to go back into the water. She's fine now, and it doesn't seem to have affected her relationship with water at all. She's been in the canal a couple of times, and isn't any more reluctant than she's ever been. Yay!

I've just pulled a bunch of photos off of my phone, so I think I should share them. They're from the last ~year. I also have my photos for mishmash monday all sorted :) Apologies if you've seen any of these before!












1 comment:

Chris and Ricky said...

Lots of good photos there! So glad to hear Lola wasn't worried about the water!