'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Sunday, 1 July 2012

Silly Sunday.



We went to the fields/lake today, and I wondered if Lola would jump in. Well... I guess you could definitely say she jumped in! She's never done that before, but I think it's fair to say she's come a long way from really, really hating the water when she was younger.

5 comments:

Berts Blog said...

Way to go. I didn't get a picture but I am assuming Lola jumped into the water. I love a good water dog......

bert

Sophie said...

Ack, video re-linked! She was being a very good water dog :)

Faith Shen said...

I'm not a good swimmer but I want to try to swim on that lake with you :D


Dog Shock Collar | Puppy Bond

Sara said...

LOL! That was quite the dive. She oculd get into dock diving :)

Ludo van Doggy said...

haha! She really did jump in! Isn't it funny how something they start off hating becomes their favourite once they get over the fear.