'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Tuesday Torture.


Why do you hate me?


It's touching me!



Lola has now formally met Kinkajou (previous mice & dogs post), Mozart and Wheatley. She remains very alarmed by them being put on her, and displays no prey drive toward them whilst they're near or on her. She just doesn't like them too much! It takes a lot of self-control for her to not eat them, so she finds it somewhat aversive. I'm trying to have a different mouse out to see her each day to see if she'll get used to it. I fully intend to get rats as my next 'small pet', and I'd be thrilled if she could be loose in the room whilst they're out.

3 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Poor Lola! What is your mum doing to you? I would totally freak out if my mom put a mouse on me but I know there is absolutely NO chance of that ever happening! :)

Sara said...

I'd be just like Lola! Although your mice are cute :)

Diana said...

Poor Lola. I hope she learns to like them.