'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Rat Update.

Sorry I've been absent again! I've been quite busy lately, so haven't had much time to blog. I've been handling my rats at least once a day for twenty minutes at a time; the dogs have been taking up all my free time, of course/as usual; and I've been volunteering at a charity shop in town for the last couple of weeks, so I have been busy there too. Lola can now be crated for five hours with no accidents whatsoever. We're getting there!

I had some friends up for a while, and we went to the Zombie Manor House in Warrington. I'll do a post with pictures on that tomorrow, probably. The rats have come around from being super skittish to much calmer; they're all slowly becoming more sociable, which is awesome. They're so much better pets than mice!

Cage setup

Alice

Chell

Valentine

I have a university induction day tomorrow which I'm looking forward to, but I'm not really looking forward to going back. I miss summer!

3 comments:

Sara said...

They all have really cute faces :)

Have fun tomorrow!

Chris and Ricky said...

Valentine is a cute name - they all are cute for rats! :)

Summer went by too fast!

Diana said...

Im glad you are liking your rats. They have a great house. Lucky!