'Not only is punishment risky, but it also fails to teach the dog an acceptable alternate behaviour. The dog does not learn what to do the next time he is in the same situation. He only learns to fear the situation.' Emma Parsons, Click to Calm p73

Friday, 4 January 2013

Into the Void.

I know it's been ages--again--since I last posted here, and I'm not sure if anyone is still reading. I'm going to be pruning my reading list again.

Things haven't changed that much for me. Third year of university, which is a little overwhelming, but I'm somehow staying on top of it.

The dogs are doing well. At over two years old, Lola has really started to mature, and the milder winter we've had so far has been kind to Jess. She's trimmer than she's generally been before, and more active. She'll be thirteen in February.

I have five rats. Chell, Valentine and Alice, from the original trio; Mad Moxxi, who I introduced here in my last post (wow, that was a while ago now!) and my roan dumbo, Pandora. They also live in an Aventura cage now, which is... big. They love it.



If I stand in front of it, my forehead is literally in line with the top of the cage.

Wheatley is alive and kicking, still. He still smells.

Aaaaaand I might be getting a collie puppy this summer.

3 comments:

Diana said...

A puppy!!! Cool!

Chris and Ricky said...

Hi Sophie! Happy New Year! It's nice to know things are ok with you. Looking forward to lots of posts if you do get a puppy! :)

Anonymous said...

Life can really get busy and everyone understands, but whenever we see that you get time for a post, we will check in.

Hope you have a great Ne Year and can't wait to see if you get the pup. My Very first Search and REscue dog was a collie.

He was wonderful.

Bert's My Vickie